VRV is a streaming platform run by a joint venture between Sony Pictures and Sony Music Entertainment. Though, Crunchyroll owns the platform and runs anime. In addition, VRV combines numerous streaming services into one library. However, the users reported that “VRV not working” at all.
Indeed, there could be several reasons for the VRV to stop working. Nevertheless, the problem is fixable. The guide elucidates the consequences and possibilities for the VRV problem. Furthermore, this how-to guide has specific steps that can resolve the issue. All you need is to follow the guide on the VRV platform. In the end, you shall be able to fix the VRV problem.
Table of Contents
Possible Causes for VRV Not Working
Generally, VRV stops working when the server is down. Also, changes in the settings can be problematic. In some cases, we can see corrupted cache files or third-party security software. In addition, antivirus, extensions, or ad-blockers may interfere with the VRV anime streaming platform.
Here is how to Fix VRV Not Working
VRV Server Status
Firstly, one has to check whether the VRV server is working. The VRV server could be down due to maintenance. As a result, the platform might struggle to stream your favorite anime content.
Ensure the server is down; otherwise, you can move ahead to troubleshoot the problem.
Clear Cache and Cookies for VRV Platform
VRV sometimes stops working properly due to corrupted cache files. These files sometimes interfere with the platform. As a result, the platform does not work properly.
Clearing Cache Files on Browser
- Firstly, open the browser.
- Go to the top right corner. Further, click on the three vertical dots.
- Now, click on the More tools option and further on Clear Browsing Data.
- Next, move to the advanced section.
- Select, All time and check the boxes, especially, Cookies, Caches Images, etc.
- Now click on the Clear Data button.
On Android Devices
- Firstly, open the Settings menu on your Android phone to find Apps.
- Go to the Apps option and tap to access it.
- Following that, you need to search for the VRV app in the list.
- Go to the Storage option of the VRV app.
- Tap Clear Cache of the VRV app at the bottom and tap Ok.
- Now, tap the Clear Data option and further on Ok to remove VRV cache files
- Go to the home screen on your device and find the VRV app.
- In the end, Open the VRV app. It will open from the beginning.
On iOS Devices
- Open Settings on your iOS phone.
- Further, tap the General option to find the VRV app.
- Select the VRV app from the given list.
Turn Off Ad-Blocker for the VRV Platform
An ad-blocker extension added to the browser can create an issue. In that case, you can go to the extensions section of the browser.
- Firstly, open the browser.
- Go to the top right corner. You will see the three vertical dots. Click to open it.
- Now, click on the More tools option.
- Further, go to the extension section.
- Finally, you need to disable the ad blocker.
Update the VRV app
Updating the VRV app on Android
- Firstly, go to the Settings menu to solve the VRV app error.
- Go to Apps and access the Apps section to find the VRV app.
- Following that, open Manage apps and find the VRV app.
- Tap to open the Storage option in the VRV app.
- Tap on the Clear Data for the VRV app and move forward to tap Ok.
- Next, open PlayStore on your device.
- Type VRV in the search column.
- Further, tap on the Update option. Wait till the VRV app is updated.
- At last, when the app is updated, open the VRV app and check if the problem is not coming.
Updating the VRV app on iOS
- Firstly, open the App Store on your iOS phone device.
- Tap the profile icon.
- In the end, scroll to find the VRV app and check if any updates are available.
Reinstall the VRV App on your Phone Device
Install the VRV app on the Android
- Firstly, Press the VRV app icon for a longer time.
- Now, tap the Uninstall option from the menu to remove VRV from your phone.
- In the app store on your phone device, Search for the VRV app.
- Finally, now tap on Install the VRV app on your device.
Install the VRV app on iOS
- Press and hold the VRV app icon.
- Further, tap the Remove App option.
- Tap the Delete App and then confirm to remove the VRV app.
- Now, open the App Store and find the VRV app.
- Tap one Get option and select Install to download the VRV app.
To sum up, we saw that guide consists of several methods. All these methods deal with the “VRV not working” problem. However, the steps are helpful in fixing the problem. We hope that VRV is working now on your device. Now shall enjoy streaming your anime content on your VRV platform. for any inquiry, you can reach on VRV Support Team.