Hulu is an America-based streaming service. It is an on-demand video streaming platform. Moreover, The Walt Disney Company owns Hulu, which launched a decade ago. Meanwhile, Hulu subtitles not syncing on Roku, PS4, Firestick, and Apple TV is an issue.
Indeed, the platform has subtitle features. However, the subtitle feature fails to function and results in a problem. The problem is arising with Roku, PS4, Firestick, etc.
Possibly, you are also facing a similar problem on your Hulu. Consequently, you ended up being here. Anyway, don’t worry, as you are in the right place. The guide is here to illustrate a few workarounds that will help you in fixing the Hulu subtitle not working problem.
Here’s How Hulu subtitles not working on Roku, PS4, Firestick, Apple TV
Turn On Subtitles on Hulu
Try turning on the subtitles on Hulu if you are facing a problem. Here are the steps to follow so that you can turn on or off the Hulu subtitles:
- First, open Hulu on your computer system or phone device.
- Second, move to the gear icon and click on it.
- Thirdly, click the Subtitles option and further the Captions button.
- In the end, you need to select On or Off the subtitles.
Update your Hulu App
Hulu may have trouble syncing the subtitles if you are still running an outdated version. In that case, you may have to check if the latest updates for Hulu are available or not. The latest updates fix the issues or any lag on the platform.
Indeed, updating the Hulu app will work to fix the subtitle problem. Undeniably, several devices support the Hulu app on their software. Some of these devices are:
- Xbox 360
Updating Hulu on phone Devices
- First, go to your phone device’s Settings menu to solve the Hulu problem.
- Secondly, go to Apps and access the Apps section to find the Hulu application.
- Further, open Manage apps and find the Hulu app.
- Next, tap to open the Storage option in the Hulu app.
- Now, tap on Clear Data for the Hulu app and move forward to tap Ok.
- Further, open the PlayStore on your device.
- Now, type Hulu in the search column.
- Tap on the Update option. Wait till the Hulu app is updated.
- At last, when the app is updated, open the Hulu app and check if the problem is fixed.
Update the Device’s Firmware
Sometimes, the outdated version of Hulu’s firmware creates the problem. In such a situation, you must ensure whether your device firmware is updated or not.
Also, incompatibility with the device is a huge problem. Consequently, Hulu will not function problem. At some point, any problem can appear, and a subtitle failing to sync can be one of them.
Therefore, you must ensure that you are running Hulu with updated firmware. On the other hand, you must check whether the device is compatible with Hulu.
Clear the Hulu App Cache
In some cases, an overwritten cache file causes the problem. As a result, the app begins to perform abnormally and needs a diagnosis. Similarly, you can fix the Hulu subtitles syncing problem. Moreover, the suggested method is to clear the Hulu app cache.
- As the Hulu app is also compatible with Android devices, you can clear the Hulu cache with the steps below:
- Firstly, open the Settings menu on your Android phone to begin clearing the cache for Hulu.
- Now, go to the Apps option in the menu and further access to find Hulu.
- Following that, you must search for the Hulu app from the list.
- Next, go to the Storage option of the Hulu app.
- Now, tap Clear Cache of the Hulu app at the bottom and the Ok button.
- Now, tap the Clear Data for Hulu option and then Ok.
- Next, go to the home screen on your device and find the Hulu app.
- In the end, Open the Hulu app. It will open from the beginning.
We see the guide suggested several steps and workarounds to solve the Hulu subtitle not working problem. The methods must solve the issue. Hopefully, the problem on your Hulu does not appear anymore. You should contact the Hulu technical support team if facing a similar error or problem again.