In times of pandemics, we all have been using online services for official and unofficial meetings. Zoom is one of those platforms that provide us with its services efficiently. But some users reported that they are facing trouble connecting via Zoom software with Zoom Error Code 104103.
While using the platform, Zoom is popping an error, error code 104103. The error 104103 prevents the users from using the platform for their work or meetings. Most of the users are not able to fix the error. Just follow the guide and get the error code 104103 specified.
What is Zoom Error Code 104103?
The developer of Zoom said that the error code 104103 is an error that resulted due to the connectivity problems. The error code pops up when the device fails to connect with the Zoom server. In a nutshell, the error will appear if the connection to the device with the Zoom server is disbanded.
But with the steps given below, the Code Error 104103 is fixed!
Here are Some Steps to Fix the Zoom Error Code 104103
Try Connecting to the Network again!
- Close Zoom software on your device.
- Please turn off your modem device and unplug it.
- Wait for a minute.
- Now, plug in the modem and try connecting to the Network.
- Double click to open your Zoom software.
Disable threat protection software like Firewall and Antivirus
- Press Start and I Buttons together.
- Now Navigate to Update and Security.
- Click on the Windows Security option.
- Navigate to Virus & Threat Protection and click on it.
- Go to the Manage Settings option.
- Navigate to Real-Time Protection.
- Click to toggle it off.
- Restart your Computer and Launch the Zoom app.
- Check if the error is solved.
Check if Zoom allowed on Windows Firewall on your Computer
- Open Control Panel on your computer.
- Go to System and Security from the left panel.
- Select and open Windows Defender Firewall.
- Got to – Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on the option- Change Settings.
- Find the Zoom app and click to allow permission for the app.
- Click Apply to change.
- Restart your PC to check if the problem is fixed.
Try Changing DNS Settings through your Computer
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Network & Internet.
- Click to open Network and Sharing Centre.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings from the left panel.
- Look for the Network your device is connected to and right-click on it.
- Click on Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 or TCP/IPv4.
- Click Properties.
- Navigate to Preferred DNS server.
- Enter 1111.
- Now, go to the Alternate DNS server and enter 1001.
- Click the OK button.
For Smart Phone Users
- Open Settings on your Phone.
- Find Apps and tap to open.
- Scroll to find the Zoom app on your phone device.
- Select Zoom and go to Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache and Clear Data
- Launch the App.
These methods work to resolve the Zoom Code Error 104103. Once the problem is fixed, you can quickly join video conferencing through your Zoom app.